Advanced search
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 2 of 2 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: how do you install Subaru keyless entry?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:09 pm 
SLi nOOb

ugh okay, I got it..my harness is colored differently :( which makes this damn thing darn confusing.

I have to route the gruond and the passanger door/hatch unlock and all doors lock wires under the dash to the door lock timer and splce it in there (hopefully I don't need to keep the door lock timer module because mines shot) while I splice the rest of the wires underneath the dash on the drivers side.

8/95 build date guys = mean. I'm going to do this when I get some 20ft wire and plug these in ont he passanger side then the drivers side, till then it's on hiatus. :(

makes me kinda wish I never spent the 40$ I got on this thing, ugh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:24 pm 
SLi O.G.

lol Im going to guess the 95 Legacy has no such connector as well.

the only thing I would really use it for is when my hands are full and when I can still reach in my pocket to unlock the driver door.

Front

97 Legacy Outback Wagon

<--- 252,xxx miles!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:39 pm 
SLi nOOb

1-3-2-4 wrote:
lol Im going to guess the 95 Legacy has no such connector as well.

the only thing I would really use it for is when my hands are full and when I can still reach in my pocket to unlock the driver door.

Eh, I bought it cause I thought it'd be plug n play. :( *sighs*

Well, screw it, it's going in tomorrow once I remapt the connectors and get some extensions, thats the only hard part for me there I'd have to run it across under the dash and I hope I don't need to keep the door lock timer piece on, cause if I do, UGH!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:42 am 
"Proby"

kirbyy wrote:
UGH how can it be done?! My door lock timer is on my passanger side, right under the AC vent by the passenger door, while the Constant power and switched power is on the drivers side left, by the brake pedal!

WTH subaru! WTH WTH WTH I need to run wires under across the dash to get it to hook up..unless I can find out where it goes under the dash..UGH.

i am thinking you have the incorrect setup as far as the control module goes. i have owned 2 LSi's one a '95 and the later a '96. the control module you have will work, but the pictures posted are NOT going to work. '95 and '96 are identical, however the wiring changed in september '96(MY'97).

i have been looking for a pinout for keyless entry control unit H7110AS010(btw, is the oem control for YOUR exact car!)

i am doing the EXACT same thing on my '96 as i type this. i have yet to find anyone with decent pictures or an installation manual.

as soon as i find out more information, i will try to post.

thanks,
james

p.s-if your door lock timer is, in fact, on the passenger side, it is NOT factory installed, and somebody who shouldn't be working on that car has already defiled her!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:52 pm 
SLi Resident

Boy, can't wait to transfer the keyless and alarm modules into my wagon! Hopefully it'll be easier, thanks to this thread. :smt023

2004 Quest 3.5SE Space Shuttle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:05 am 

Benfolio wrote:
Boy, can't wait to transfer the keyless and alarm modules into my wagon! Hopefully it'll be easier, thanks to this thread. :smt023

How did this turn out? I was hoping to do this as well to my 95 Wagon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:39 pm 
SLi Resident

I have a 1998 L wagon and I don't have the connectors either. I guess I need the kit to splice in from the dealer. My friend was going to give me his keyless entry module because he doesn't use it and my driver's lock doesn't work (door locks, but the key won't turn). Well, maybe if I'm patient enough I'll try to extract his wiring harness. If I do, I'll try to take pics for you guys.

EDIT: He also has the security system, which I'm not interested in, but it might make things complicated. :-?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm 
SLi Lurker

Anyone know how to get the lid off the keyless entry control box? I want to change some of the dip switch settings like those on this site: http://web.archive.org/web/20041102022130/www.randomsoup.com/subie/huggyalarm.html

But I can't see how to access them.

98 Legacy GT. Kartboy LW drive pulley, KB short throw shifter, KB front / rear shifter bushing kit, KB stainless shift knob, Cosmo Racing "Custom" CAI, SpeedyRacer (thermal taped) UEL, K&N cone filter, K&N Dry Filter, Exedy Street clutch, Fidanza LW flywheel, Group N engine mounts, GN pitchstop, GN rear diff armor, GN strut top hats, ebay front / rear strut bars, KYB GR2 struts, paranoid fabrication ground kit, N1 axleback. Falken Sincera tires, Konig Zero wheels, Brembo Rotors, Stoptech SP Pads, Lots of little custom mods. 160,000 miles.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:54 pm 
SLi Resident

It may actually be glued, not sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:30 am 
SLi nOOb

Soul Shinobi wrote:
I have a 1998 L wagon and I don't have the connectors either. I guess I need the kit to splice in from the dealer. My friend was going to give me his keyless entry module because he doesn't use it and my driver's lock doesn't work (door locks, but the key won't turn).

Hmmm, I've got a '98 L wagon but mine came with the factory keyless entry and remote (no alarm, though).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:33 pm 
SLi Resident

Must have been optional.

Page 2 of 2 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2